Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a permanent position for an Offshore Wind Secondary Structures Lead - to join a world leading Engineering client, to work in any of their regional UK offices in either Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow or London.
Our client has over 20 years of history in Offshore Wind and has a growing global and domestic portfolio, as they continue to be a leading innovator within the renewable market.
- Leading secondary structure design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects and the teams of engineers to deliver them.
- Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, fabrication, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of software packages.
- Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
- Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
- Solving complex technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
- Developing our SME network and a "go-to" for offshore wind secondary structures.
- Interfacing with fabricators, operators, transportation and installation contractors and operations and maintenance providers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc)
- Great leadership, communication, innovation and delivery skill
- Previous experience in secondary structure design for offshore wind structures (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements.
- Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA - SESAM, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Experience with varying materials e.g. Concrete, neoprene, aluminium, plastics, composites and stainless steels.
- Track record in delivering offshore wind projects at different phases e.g. Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, Fabrication, Operation.
- Understanding of practical designs, layouts, interfaces, tolerances fabrication and fatigue friendly designs.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.