Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a 12 month contract position for an Offshore Wind Secondary Steel Senior Engineer - to join a world leading Engineering client, to work in either their London, Epsom, Bristol or Edinburgh office.
- Working with a team of experienced engineers on design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects.
- Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, fabrication, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on analysis models.
- Delivering and sometimes overseeing analysis models, technical reports, calculations, and support to drawing packages
- Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
- Solving technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
- Communication, innovation and delivery skills.
- Previous experience in secondary structure design for offshore wind structures (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements.
- Linear and/or non-linear offshore structural analysis - SESAM, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Experience developing detailed hand calculations using MathCAD, Excel, Python or similar.
- Experience in delivering offshore wind projects at different phases e.g. Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, Fabrication, Operation.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.