Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a permanent position for an Offshore Wind Primary Steel Lead (Jackets) - to join a world leading Engineering client, to work in any of their regional UK offices in either Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow or London.
Our client has over 20 years of history in Offshore Wind and has a growing global and domestic portfolio, as they continue to be a leading innovator within the renewable market.
- Leading design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects and the teams of engineers to deliver them.
- Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of software packages.
- Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
- Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc)
- Great leadership, communication, innovation and delivery skills
- Previous experience in primary steel design for jacket foundations (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Awareness of the interfaces between turbine loads, turbines and foundation.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements
- Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) - SESAM, USFOS, Bladed, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Track record in delivering offshore wind projects.
- Occasional need to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.