Location: Whiting, IN
We are recruiting for a global client who has one of the largest refinery operations in the Midwest. The plant produces crude oil for gasoline and various other products. The Material Controller will provide Project Planning Services for individually assigned projects or campaigns and use innovative methods to continuously improve the planning methods utilized in the major project environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of a materials control system for the site and provide receipt, storage and distribution of material and equipment to support construction and installation on site to ensure relevant services to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- Work is subject to practices and procedures and may require periodic review with other teams or work groups. Due to changing priorities or different situations encountered, the incumbent relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goal
- Able to plan own work and accomplish varied and complex tasks with the ability to discover issues and recommend solutions.
- Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts. Continue to develop the ability to influence participation in the preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations, and reports
- Strong understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field. Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues
- Review blueprints and product specifications to accurately determine number of materials needed. Documents overall material need, including all codes, brands, and contact information necessary to process orders. Adjusts amounts for existing inventory and for orders of conventional sizes. Requires ability to understand engineering documents and work closely with members of the engineering team.
- Work under supervision and technical guidance with regular weekly interaction with supervisor and/or manager. Broad duties assigned weekly to monthly. Work is reviewed for accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Possesses and is recognized as a functional expert and thought leader within the department and broader organization.
- Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions.
- Contributes to strategic program development.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance