Our client are a leading Engineering contractor in the oil and gas industry based in London and due to project demand require a Network Engineer for a duration of 6-12 months on a contract assignment.
- Work closely with Service Providers to resolve network incidents
- Own Incidents and drive resolution using own knowledge and other BT resources as required.
- Work with internal technical team and other vendors (e.g. HCL, Cisco) to find solutions in minimum time
- Follow Change Control process as and when required to put fixes into production
- Expert knowledge of the BT support processes
- Apply sound technical knowledge of network to support and resolve live network incidents quickly, restoring service quickly to affected users/services is paramount
- Solid communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical information to a variety of audiences
- Must be comfortable owning, managing and driving incident resolution and being a strong customer advocate
- Bring in additional resources internally and from BT support centers when needed
- Take corrective action on network kit (routers, switches, WLC’s, Firewalls, Call Manager, Riverbed etc.)
- Coach and mentor Service Desk and BT NOC resources so they can more effectively resolve network incidents
- To implement detailed designs in accordance with the agreed network design architecture.
- To actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Must have professional experience in the IT industry, specifically with full end to end network support of global multi-nationals. Must be familiar with supporting and troubleshooting in MPLS, VPLS and VPN environments.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of network technologies and carrier services
- Must understand and have exposure to load balancing technologies and application delivery controllers
- Hands on experience with wireless installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of and preferably hands on experience with Riverbed (Steelhead, SCC, etc) installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Must have good understanding and strong hands on experience of various Cisco IOS based switching platforms like 6500, 4500, 3800, 3900 Experience on Nexus platform preferred. Solid experience with spanning tree and VLAN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Security knowledge and some hands on Firewall experience
- Must have solid hands on experience on routing protocol like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, static routing etc.
- Effective inter-personal communication and documentation skills; and ability to work with technical teams.
- Should have worked in Global environment and have supported clients in a 24/7 environment
- Routers, Network switches, Wireless
- Solarwinds Orion / Netflow / TACACS Server / radius Server configurations deployments.
- Scansafe/Zscaler Web filtering
- Knowledge of cloud computing, specifically network related aspects, specifically Azure, Express route, cloud exchange, be able to demonstrate knowledge of concepts, VNETs, NSGs, load balancers etc and have some experience in the “cloud computing” space.
- Understand and have some exposure to working with SD network concepts and deployments.
Networking: LAN/WAN/, TCP/IP, Load balancing, DNS, ACL, Routing, VLAN, VPN.
- Router & Switches, Security, LB Devices: Cisco, Netscaler
- Wireless Eg. Cisco / WLC
- Riverbed : (Steelhead, SCC, Traffic Analyser plus)
- Knowledge of VOIP, Cisco IPT, Skype For Business
- Knowledge of cloud computing, specifically Microsoft Azure and related
- Knowledge of SD-WAN/SD service deployment concepts
* CCNP/CCIE (Routing and Switching) preferred but not required.
* 5+ years experience in an IT network Engineer support role