Position: Temp to Hire
Location: New Orleans, LA
The ideal candidate for the MRO Buyer position will be results driven, motivated by challenges, good negotiation, communication, organizational, research, and interpersonal skills. The primary function of this role is the sourcing of MRO Stores items for the company's Site.
- Review/process requisitions for all parts needed in the storeroom, those needed for scheduled/non-scheduled work-orders and daily plant needs, outages included
- Coordinate requirements, quantities and delivery expectations with both suppliers and area leaders.
- Convert all requisitions into Purchase Orders.
- Get quotes for all parts needed to ensure the company is getting the best price for the material needed.
- Drive proper procurement procedures and enforce Policy follow up on all department needs.
- Follow up/expedite materials as needed and develop action plans for those users most impacted based on lead times.
- Manage and update info records in SAP as needed
- Maintain good relations with providers.
- Maintain good relations with internal clients by providing them with good service and follow up.
- Work as a team member and participate in joint meetings with all areas of the site that order parts thru Stores.
- Follow up and maintain work cycles to ensure suppliers are being paid in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years' experience as a Buyer
- Ability to negotiate cost, terms and conditions and any other element applicable to the items to be purchased.
- Good writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- SAP knowledge, preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft tools
- Sound working knowledge of purchasing principles and inventory control procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong organization/prioritization/planning skills
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance