Mechanical Plant Engineer
Contract 6-12 months
Location: Denver, Colorado
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Plant Engineer for an oil and gas production facility in Denver, Colorado. The Mechanical Plant Engineer plant based , will troubleshoot equipment problems which may include engaging internal and external technical resources. The Mechanical Planet Engineer will report to the Reliability Engineering Manager.
- They respond to asset failures and operational needs by providing field support and timely repair scopes to effectively return assets to service
- They specialize in the shorter-term challenge of maintaining assets operational capability and are less involved than their Reliability Engineer counterparts with proactive improvements and long-term strategies.
- Lead the appropriate prioritized small scope change to improve safety, environment, and production risks
- Assess equipment condition, or health, to determine its capability for continued operation or duty
- Designs and develops equipment repair methods and procedures, initiates analysis of failures and provides technical troubleshooting, and communicates these concepts in detailed technical reports
- Determines cost advantages of repair alternatives and develops action plans that comply with demands for timely repair of processes/equipment.
- Act as first point of contact with maintenance for any activities that requires engineering analysis and approval
- Safety, including process safety is foundational to all engineering
- Engage other business units, business partners, internal and external expertise to leverage knowledge and lessons learned for your business unit and function.
- Engineer with 5+ years experience in Refinery/Oil & Gas Facilities or large Industrial plant facilities
- In-depth fixed and rotating equipment knowledge with exposure to integrated process, instrumentation, electrical, and control systems.
- Knowledge of process equipment design and operations.
- Knowledge of maintenance and reliability engineering practices.
- Ability to lead within to meet all safety, health, and environmental requirements required by client and applicable regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge and understanding in core systems (e.g. SAP, OLT, PI Process book, Enablon, KMS).
- Exposure to labor and employee relations administration including Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting/problem solving methods such as cause and effect diagrams, fishbone methods.
- Understanding of team's working connection within the BU, technical & business integration points, and the impact of one area/department upon another.
- Effective time management skills to create a healthy work/life balance.
- Demonstrated non-authoritative leadership skills.
- Able to use regulatory compliance tools, manage risk (assess, mitigate, monitor, report).
- Able to lead and conduct investigations.
- Demonstrated visible safety leadership (e.g., safety meetings, toolbox talks).
- Demonstrated visible regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated visible business acumen to manage costs and resources effectively and responsibly
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance