Mechanical Lead - Evaporator and Crystallizer/ Salt Production
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Lead with background in Evaporators and Crystallizers design business to join our client team. The qualified individual will have performed Mechanical team supervision on manufacturing/production facility projects by directing project execution activities and discipline deliverable creation for one large or several smaller projects. Accountable for the safe/sustainable engineering scoping, budgeting, forecasting, quality, cost and schedule delivery of all work by the discipline. This position requires advanced knowledge and a specialized depth or breadth of expertise, gaining a mastery of multiple broader areas of specialty, product products, technologies, suppliers, and contractors within the industry. The candidate must have an excellent background in sectors such as Evaporators, Crystallizers, and in general, industrial manufacturing infrastructure projects.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to join a world class team and work in one of the largest brine beneficiation projects globally, which is being engineered to "supply greener" base products such as salt, gypsum, magnesium chloride and further refined products including green PVC from CO2 capture, green glass, magnesium metal, magnesium oxide, bromine and gypsum wallboard among others
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists business development activities. Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, scope, resource loading, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers. I
- Interfaces effectively with other disciplines. Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Ensures Mechanical technical work and team activities meet industry and jurisdictional standards and best practices, health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports standardization and continuous improvement.
- Interfaces with third-party technology suppliers and contractors
- Acting as the Lead Mechanical Engineer, participates in project execution strategy and planning. Knows the project and owns the discipline scope/cost/time requirements, makes certain the team meets expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Provides accurate progress and performance status and forecasts.
- Drives innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Owns management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Enables data gathering and the preparation of engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Ensures technical issues are defined with alternate solutions, pros/cons established for multiple solutions, and recommendations made through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations..
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Supports bid clarifications, bid evaluations, inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and other certification activities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Awarded a 4- or 5-year technical degree in science or engineering.
- Strong background in direct project execution experience in their discipline in manufacturing/production facilities in the industry, and a competent understanding of regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices.
- Direct project execution experience in manufacturing/production facilities in the industry.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of means, methods, constructability, operability and key technology suppliers in the industry within their discipline.
- Understand industry benchmark projects and pricing
- Will be actively licensed with a local engineering governing body where required by law.
- Well versed in discipline setup, instituting work processes, monitoring a team, producing deliverables, project controls, and project closeout.
- Skilled in estimating project costs and writing proposal content.
- Experience in risk management, quality, procurement, or construction execution. Adept in Data Centric Engineering.
- Works with self-initiated interaction with supervisor and self-initiated technical guidance.
- Ability to inform and persuade on complex matters through preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations and reports, as well as collaboration with stakeholders and management.
- Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant company HSE requirements. Role-model a commitment to personal well-being and a pro-active approach to continuously improving health, safety and environmental performance.
- Flexibility to travel internationally, and work effectively with team members in other offices remotely
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create, review and edit tender packages and in general bid documentation.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance