Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Mechanical Field Engineer to be working on their end client's brownfields oil & gas project. FIFO roster is 2x2 and the initial contract is 12 months. Details of the role as follows:
Site based engineer for the Karratha Gas Plant Life Extension Project working on the External Corrosion Refurbishment Portfolio, an inspection, engineering and refurbishment campaign
- Site supported design
- Working with the onsite construction team, the client and the company to determine fit for purpose solutions and developing these solution into approved designs for the Project
- Field walks to support design
- Attend, contribute and run constructability reviews
- Onsite focal point for mechanical repairs on the EC portfolio
- Work with Inspection Services Contractor to ensure required inspection data is delivered
- Construction execution support
- Site Queries and supporting deviations
- Red-line mark-ups
- Emergent work and site developed engineering deliverables
- Safety and quality
- Provide and adhere to a proactive safety and quality culture
What you will bring
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Good working experience in an operating LNG Plant
- Knowledge in Metallurgy/Welding, Corrosion, Cathodic Protection and NDT
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software.