Mechanical Engineer – Nuclear
Our client, an international consultancy with over fifteen thousand employees, that provides solutions, products, technologies and services in a variety of industries, primarily mining and nuclear is looking for an experienced Mechanical engineer to join their engineering team based in Warrington.
The role will involve being part of our clients engineering team supporting its nuclear services, providing support on the full nuclear life cycle, from new build to decommissioning and supporting the design, construction and operation of one-of-a-kind facilities. Within the Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer will integrate operational engineering multi-disciplines teams delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or in assistance to Plant Operation in the UK.
The assignments will be on projects:
- Deliver technical studies,
- Design of mechanical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, mechanical flow diagrams and flow-sheets, mechanical drawings, P&IDs, and mechanical layout drawings, hazards and malfunctions management, technical specification documentation review from supply chain
- Technical studies related to mechanical handling for both handling operations and heavy mechanical transfer systems, powder mechanical processes (transport, milling, and compaction) in high active environment and gloveboxes, compaction and mechanical dismantling technologies.
The individual will have a relevant Masters’ degree and engineering delivery experience (up to 5 years typical). They will also have worked for UK nuclear sites. They will have a strong ability to deliver commercially efficient solutions. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package (pensions and Healthcare scheme).
Requirements (Education & Experience)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant degree,
- Member of relevant professional body,
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors,
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical studies delivery (Mechanical handling, powder technologies) considering manufacture, testing, construction commissioning, operation, maintenance recovery and decommissioning aspects,
- Demonstrable experience of contractor follow-up in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors,
- Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME),
- Experience of delivering projects for Sellafield or Magnox sites (desirable).
- Ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions,
- Good communicator, team player,
- Good organisation skills,
- Effective integration with multiple teams and the overall project,
- Quality and results oriented.