Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer with our internal client Worley, this would be a permanent role based in Glasgow.
You will join the Mechanical Engineering Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for mechanical equipment. The Department consists of Rotating, Static and Packaged Equipment and Mechanical Handling sub-disciplines and also the HVAC and Metallurgy disciplines.
Engineering positions typically involve the selection, specification, design and requisitioning of mechanical equipment.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Delivering Mechanical engineering services that meet Worley, its customer and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
- Writing mechanical specifications and mechanical data sheets
- Writing technical content documents to support Enquiry Requisitions
- Reviewing supplier bid documents
- Compiling Technical Bid Evaluations to capture technical bid clarification responses
- Undertaking Bid Clarification Meetings
- Acting as a single focal point for supplier document review and approval for several equipment packages
- Monitoring assigned packages for technical compliance, contractual compliance and QA/QC compliance
- Considering environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design
- Responsible for review and integration of Worley and Client specifications and standards into the equipment design and quality standards
- Liaising with multi-discipline project teams, project/engineering management and Client representatives for project activities as required
- Reporting of issues related to management of change
- Able to think creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
- Identification of risks in the workplace, on site and in the project work undertaken
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- An experienced Engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for self
- A team player experienced in working collaboratively to identify the best solutions for problems encountered and tenacity to drive these solutions with satisfactory application up to a final conclusion
- Adopt the Worley principles related to diversity and inclusion