Location: Mobile, Alabama
Our client is a Mechanical Designer for a major shipbuilding in Mobile, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 2D and 3D drawing development.
- Checking drawings created by CAD Drafters
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 to 13 years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of 3D modeling experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- 1 to 3 years of shipyard design or production/construction experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience in construction of high-speed aluminum vessels preferred
- Experience with modular construction methods preferred
- Experience in design and construction of US Navy vessels preferred
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, Ship Constructor, or other 3D modeling software
- Possess a thorough understanding of design, in any or all the following areas: structure, HVAC, mechanical systems, wire ways or fit out
- Associate Degree in CAD preferred
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be eligible for employment with USA:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance