Position: 9-12M Contract
Location: Houston, TX
*Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operation.
The Designer shall support the drafting effort of system components, and work under technical supervision of the Engineering Manager. The resource would be primarily working to translate SOLIDEDGE Drawings to INVENTOR as well as creating drawings in INVENTOR
· Create and/or modify existing drawings in INVENTOR
· Develop 3D models and deliverables
· Ensure drawings generated and updated to meet internal drawing standards and/or GD&T
· Check and ensure there are no missed drawing entities or information in the translation process of SOLIDEDGE to INVENTOR
· Manage the CAD files in the relevant folder structure and Drawing status update
· Manage drawings and files in VAULT
· MUST BE Bilingual in English and Spanish
· Technical/associates degree or equivalent in drafting and or design
· Must have a minimum of 2+ years of INVENTOR/VAULT software experience
· Proficient in detailing using AUTOCAD
· Proficient in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office
· Attention to detail and ability to do first time right drawings with absolute minimum rework
· Basic understanding of Engineering drawings for Sheet metal components & Lubrication system Assembly, Piping and Instrumentation diagram (PID) and Electrical drawings
· Must have effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to manage multiple drafting tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
· Translate and update existing drawings with great attention to detail and to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
· Ability to work in a cross-functional, concurrent engineering environment
· Ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and reading skills are required with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
· Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged.
· High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; admits mistakes. Follows through on commitments. Honest and candid.
· Understanding of Requirements Management, including, traceability, validation and verification, etc…