Mechanic - Rotating Equipment
Location: Grande Prairie , AB
Our energy client is seeking a Mechanic - Rotating Equipment for their Grande Prairie location. Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman you will be responsible for the maintenance of the Company's rotating equipment in the Grande Prairie field areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure maintenance activities are conducted to meet industry regulatory guidelines and are in compliance with the Company's corporate safety procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain rotating equipment such as: compressors, engines, and pumps.
- Provide communication to field operators, Foreman, Production Operations Manager and operations on the status of rotating equipment
- Work closely with field operations and provide guidance and timely service when required for maintenance issues
- Assist in development of the maintenance system to monitor equipment maintenance intervals and run times
- Suggest improvement strategies to reduce costs and implement new approaches when necessary
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the budget for instrumentation maintenance activities
- Work with 3rd party vendors
- Communicate with Planner/Scheduler on job progress and scheduling issues
- Natural gas engines, compressors, pumps, and Air compression systems
- Comprehensive understanding of the safety aspects of oil and gas equipment i.e., you can recognize hazards, faulty equipment or potential risks for incidents
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and commitment to adhere to work safe policies and procedures
- Willingness to support the reporting documentation requirements necessary to manage the safety, OPEX, and compliance duties associated with the position
- Possess strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, but also have the autonomy to work independently.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and able to establish goals and objectives within designated time frames
- Ability to problem solve and effectively identify issues to develop and implement solutions for resolution
- Display a high-level of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company's core values, a respectful work environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct
- Demonstrated ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
Experience and Qualification
- Journeyman Mechanic Certification or Millwright Certification
- 10 years of mechanical maintenance experience in the Oil & Gas Industry working specifically with oil and gas operations that involve compression and processing.
- Valid Class 5-GDL license with a clean driving record.
- Up to date certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), H2S, WHMIS and First Aid.
- This position requires a 5 / 2/and 4/3 schedule.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Who we are?
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance