Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Our client is recruiting for a highly motivated Manufacturing Automation Engineer who is passionate about contributing to a brighter, cleaner energy future. This role is responsible for continued advancement and implementation of automated solutions in our solid oxide manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, development, improvement, installation, testing and commissioning of equipment and subsystems for automation in cell manufacturing, assembly, quality control and inspection processes
- Implement integrated solutions with work ranging from early-stage equipment and technical specification through implementation and hand-off to the production team
- Carrying out further development of automated manufacturing, QC, and testing equipment programming in various coding environments
- Develop layouts and solution that follow lean manufacturing philosophies, with emphasis on mistake proofing
- Provide / create required documentation for test and automation equipment including any maintenance schedule, spare equipment and work instructions required during manufacturing
- Realize designs including procurement, assembly, coding, testing and commissioning activities as required
- Produce innovative solutions based on creativity and prior experience
- Provide training and guidance to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of new equipment
- Manage assigned tasks and projects including timelines, resources, and budget
- Interact and coordinate with other technology development groups as well as outside vendors and / or contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical areas preferred)
- 3 to 5 years work experience in manufacturing automation engineering role with suitability for P.Eng. registration with APEGA.
- A hands-on floor-oriented engineer with experience programming in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in software development, computer programming, or other related fields.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of PLCs, low voltage controls, electrical power distribution, vision systems, electronic sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics and robotics
- Sample desired programming environment experiences include VB Script language, PLC (various), ADEPT (V+), Python, other custom
- Machine specification and purchase order writing skills
- Design and application knowledge of ergonomic and machine safety standards
- Lean manufacturing skills ( Kanban, Poke-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping)
- Mechanical design experience and demonstrated ability in design for manufacturing and assembly
- 3D CAD software experience, SolidWorks environment preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration capability
- Strong Project Management skills
- Be flexible and results-oriented with strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Personal interest in fuel cells / hydrogen / green technology
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance