Location: Mobile , Alabama
Our client is currently recruiting for Maintenance Manager who will provide the facility-wide maintenance function to ensure the availability of safe, responsive, high quality, affordable repair and maintenance services including preventive, routine, non-routine and emergency capabilities for every Production unit and support department at the facility 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, including the use of outside support by qualified contractors as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety as the highest priority and abide by all safety policies and procedures.
- Understand and promote the "20 Principles of Safety", assuring that personnel are aware of safe working practices and promote the safety concepts of "Coaching for Safety" and "Stop Work".
- Promote safety and safe actions through communication such as discussing safety with employees/contractors before job task, during meetings, and as opportunities arise to fully promote safety possible.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulatory requirements and strive to meet internal SHE objectives.
- Ensure completion of own and direct subordinate training requirements as outlined in the annual training schedule.
- Provide necessary development, motivation, coordination, and internal cooperation for groups/individuals under his/her control to maximize efficiency of R&M services.
- Ensure maximum efficiency within and between Stores, Planning, and maintenance groups.
- As Contract Administrator, monitor, direct and control all facets of the primary maintenance contract with selected vendors, which ensure continuing quality support of facility maintenance.
- Promote excellent communication and cooperation between subordinates and their internal/external customers.
- Provide and maintain standards of performance and appraisals, which promote high quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Work with appropriate individuals in preparing annual budgets.
- Monitor and control direct controllable costs within budgetary limits and maintain overall responsibility of the Maintenance Department budget.
- Provide leadership development and succession plans for subordinates.
- Assist with Accident/Illness investigations and loss control.
- Promote and maintain ISO 9001 within assigned area of responsibility.
- Promote and maintain Process Safety Management within assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain sufficient contacts with qualified outside contractors to meet emergency needs too large for the client.
- Maintain acceptable levels of certifications for skilled technicians in assigned area.
- Plan and work with production for shut-down events.
- This position requires a minimum BS or MS in Mechanical (or Chemical) Engineering, excellent knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures
- 10-15 years' experience in an industrial environment or equivalent experience in industry-related functional areas of supervision and management.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Oil and Gas or Chemical facilities
- The use of the following site systems could be required: Emerson Distributive Control System, PI Data Historian, COA Database, Training Mine, Alfresco Document Management, Esker
- Familiar with ASME Code Section VIII, Div.1, API and TEMA standard for Shell and Tube heat exchanger and air cooler.
- Proficient in using HTRI programs to design heat exchangers and check vibration.
- Knowledgeable in using PV Elite (or COMPRESS) program - Heat Exchanger module is desired. Familiar with NFPA and API standards for fired equipment including flares and thermal oxidizers.
- Relevant professional registration preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance