Our client in an up in coming company in the gas to power market that possesses the desire to be the world’s largest provider of carbon-free power. They started this company with the dream and belief that access to affordable, reliable, cleaner energy is not a privilege, but a human right. Their mission is to create that access in an environmentally responsible way through power generation, gas supply, and logistics solutions.
With this dream and belief in mind this company is looking to add to their dynamic management team by adding two Directors of Development. The positions will be out of their Miami, FL office and will be responsible for the development and success of projects in countries such as Mexico, Nicaragua, South Africa, Philippines, and Sri Lanka.
The Director, Development will be reporting to the VP of Development and will be responsible for developing high performing teams and overseeing Development of our locations both domestically and internationally.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership and supervision of construction activities for Global sites including the Caribbean, Mexico, and other countries.
- Provide complete ownership of project financials, from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service.
- Provide accurate, timely, and concise communications; express and explain issues clearly to executive leadership.
- Provide clear direction, lead and coordinate a team of employees, contractors, vendors, and/or other teams supporting projects.
- Manage RFQ/RFP and contract processes via evaluation of RFQ/RFP responses through contract award.
- Provide leadership and guidance for teams performing:
- Evaluating new products, services, and vendors.
- Interfacing with internal and external departments to include Real Estate, Regulatory, and municipal/government agencies in the pursuit of construction and in-service approvals, building permits, and construction inspections.
- Meet all of the company’s performance expectations, including but not limited to, satisfying all departmental metrics, productivity standards, and goals.
What you bring:
- Strong operational and commercial mindset to anticipate potential risks, a good understanding of transaction and contract management, and excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- 10+ years experience in the industry
- Ability to manage high performing teams