Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Lead Structural Engineer to join our client's Aberdeen project team on a staff or 12 month contract basis.
This role will be to support oil & gas and new energy projects, including asset electrification. Experience in engineering design of concrete and structural steel would be preferred and the successful candidate must be a competent user of StaadPro.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope.
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit sites when necessary.
- Facilitate discussions within engineering and design team relating to design and preparation of deliverable issues, providing technical guidance, support and training when required.
- Ensure that all discipline personnel are working in alignment and following best practices.
- Sign and check drawings and documents in accordance with correct procedures.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project.
- Commitment to and promotion of values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Ability to lead large complex project work-scopes from multiple execution centres
- Engineering experience with sound technical background and expertise
- Competency in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiarity with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Awareness of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Ability to estimate work-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Ability to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates