Energy Resourcing are working with our client based in Cramlington, who are looking for a Lead Structural Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Our client specialises in providing engineering, procurement and construction services to the energy sector, working with a number of highly reputable clients.
The successful candidate will be experienced in multi-disciplined projects within the oil and gas sector, as well as having experience in civil engineering as well as experience of STAAD Pro.
- The Lead Engineer will be responsible for preparing and overseeing all Structural activities, philosophies and studies, contributing to technical bid evaluations and reviewing vendor documentation.
- They will review specifications, data sheets, requisitions and drawings.
- They will also provide technical consultancy to clients on project related structural issues.
- The position has the responsibility for Structural Engineering input to the planning and execution of the Project and reports directly to the Project Manager.
- The position manages and controls all man-hours associated with each project and manages to change in scope in accordance with procedures.
- The position has the signing authority in accordance with the project signature matrix.
- Provide technical direction, advice and control of the discipline work.
- Engineer all design work in line with the QA manual, appropriate codes of practice and the Client's procedures.
- Provision of expert 'know how' (applicable to the discipline) as input to conceptual design, FEED studies and detail engineering.
- Develop close liaison with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes and standards.
- Prepare cost, time and resource requirement estimates for nominated projects, proposals or changes in work scope.
- Provide advice on installation methodology & safe engineering practices. Including any LOLER requirements.
- Identification & verification of any improvements and cost saving measures on the project.
- Participate in short-range and/or long-range planning and make independent decisions on engineering policies and procedures within the overall program.
- Provide timely and accurate discipline progress measurement data and reporting to the project controller or project engineer.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Working closely with other discipline engineers on the project to ensure that delivery dates are met and the project runs smoothly.
- Provide expert advice and support to the relevant project Engineer.
- Prepare, improve and develop company standards and design methods.
- Ensure that all work/installation schemes for both onshore & offshore scope are designed to be carried out in a safe manner.
- Degree Qualified
- Chartered status preferred
- Experience in multi-disciplined projects in O&G sector
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Experience of STAAD Pro
- Civil Engineering Experience