Lead Process Engineer
Mining/ Metals/Minerals experience
We are seeking individuals with mining and minerals experience for supporting process engineering front end studies and design development. This position will also be expected to move into detailed engineering and possible commissioning and start-up activities if required. The purpose of this role is to support delivery of successful projects and programs. You will provide process engineering services to our client and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the process engineering team.
Responsible for technical direction of a group of junior engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards. The purpose of this role is to support delivery of successful projects and programs by:
- Assist with development, planning and coordination of complex engineering designs entailing technical specifications and detailed planning in the early phases of projects conceptual through feasibility studies
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Be technically proficient in line with the competency map
- Act as a lead discipline engineer on small projects or studies
- Implements, modifies, and maintains processes related to the extraction of base and precious metals
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models processes and unit operations
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications such as comminution, flotation, dewatering, pressure oxidation, heap leaching, etc.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Recognized Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering required
- 10+ years of mining and minerals experience required. Hydrometallurgy experience especially in the following areas; ion exchange, thickeners/clarifiers, slurry pumping, precipitation, flotation, solid liquid separation, drying/calcining, heat exchangers, solvent extraction, leaching, pumping/piping, instrumentation and process control, simulation software, etc.
- 10+ years of combined process engineering experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- P.E. license is a positive but not required
- Qualified Persons status is preferred or able to obtain
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance