Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting on behalf of their internal partner for a Lead Principal Electrical Engineer to work on a staff or contract basis for their Stockport office in Manchester. This is to work on an exciting low carbon project.
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet our client and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- Provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress.
- Ensure the required services meet our client and its customers statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between our client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required
Skills & Qualifications
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to our client
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams