Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Lead Mechanical Package Engineer to join our client's Manchester project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
The Mechanical Package Engineer will join a leading and one of the most ambitious petrochemical companies in the world. Our world-renowned client strives to deliver excellence through our sustainable, high-quality polymer and petrochemical products.
- To review and approve designs and datasheets and inquiry documentation for the mechanical scope of a pipeline project including, but not limited to, the following types of equipment: air-cooled heat exchangers, centrifugal compressors, GT drivers, centrifugal pumps, storage tanks, water bath heaters, pressure vessels. utility packages, pig launchers/receivers.
- Ensuring the mechanical team is suitably resourced for planned objectives and all personnel is suitably SQEP'd for the project.
- Assuring the PEM and Client Engineer that all aspects of engineering within the mechanical discipline have been carried to an acceptable standard.
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to ensure best practice is applied to the engineering of the NMGP project and to ensure compliance with project specifications and standards.
- Reviewing and approval of designs and check/approval of engineering deliverables.
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations, where required.
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Identifying risks in the workplace, site, and design work being undertaken.
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety, and operational aspects of design.
- Managing change and identifying, formalising, and notifying relevant parties of changes in the project.
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Estimating and the management of budgets, schedules, and quality of projects.
- Driving, controlling, and scheduling workshare using global integrated delivery (GID).
- Lead Engineer has proven experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical FEED projects.
- Knowledge of Pumps including Seal Systems.
- Good knowledge of Gas Turbine Driven Centrifugal Compressors.
- Knowledge of Power Generation Equipment.
- Knowledge of Utility Packages.
- Knowledge of American design codes and standards, i.e. ASME, ASTM, NACE, API.
- Working knowledge of corrosion and degradation mechanisms and able to review materials of construction for equipment in gas service.
- Commercial awareness within the professional services environment.