Lead Mechanical Heat Transfer Engineer
Position: 12-month contract
Location: Monrovia, CA
Our energy client is seeking a Lead Mechanical Heat Transfer Engineer for the Heat Transfer group performing a wide variety of difficult and highly complex heat transfer engineering, design, analysis, or other technical tasks utilizing current technology and available standards, templates and cataloged products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops innovative technical solutions to complex problems, this level of engineer may be required to lead others and act as a consultant to our clients.
- Will be required to develop/check specifications, data sheets, technical bids, purchase orders, resolve technical queries from vendors.
- May provide project supervision for medium to large projects
- Implements the Company Procedures while seeking improvements to work processes and design approaches.
- Coordinate project requirements with other disciplines, project staff and clients.
- Maintain quality deliverables through-out the procurement of the equipment.
- Support work share activities with overseas offices on Heat Transfer deliverables.
- Develop/support hour estimation, TIC estimates, deliverable requirements, and personnel loading for the Heat transfer scope of the project.
- Support or fill-in for the Mechanical lead as requested.
Experience and Qualification
- BS or MS in Mechanical (or Chemical) Engineering,
- Excellent knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
- Typically, minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Oil and Gas facilities,
- Relevant professional registration preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Special Job Requirements
- Familiar with ASME Code Section VIII, Div.1, API and TEMA standard for Shell and Tube heat exchanger and air cooler.
- Proficient in using HTRI programs to design heat exchangers and check vibration.
- Knowledgeable in using PV Elite (or COMPRESS) program - Heat Exchanger module is desired.
- Familiar with NFPA and API standards for fired equipment including flares and thermal oxidizers.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance