Lead Mechanical Engineer
Position: Permanent or Contract to Perm
Location: Richmond, CA
This Mechanical lead role will require you to work independently and/or coordinate with the Long Beach home office Engineers on a variety of small to medium projects with multiple clients. Able to engineer, design and troubleshoot a variety of Mechanical Equipment for the onshore, upstream/downstream oil and gas facilities. Will require experience with equipment process systems, in a manner in which equipment is operated, safety system designs, code compliance, and able to support facility troubleshooting. Responsibilities include supervising/coordination with others on a project team, including owner facility engineers, review of the technical quality of all deliverables and providing effective communications during purchasing and manufacturing of equipment. This is a lead position that requires site/field walks to determine project scope. Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or University required; 12 - 15 years of experience within technical engineering, also a minimum of 3 years in a Mechanical Lead role supervising other Mechanical Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform job responsibilities as Lead Mechanical Engineer, leading discipline on a portfolio of Small/Medium projects from our Pleasant hills office in the Bay Area.
- Develop the technical content of Mechanical equipment including calculations, specifications and data sheets for inquiry and purchase. Ensure these documents are appropriately reviewed, approved, and transmitted.
- Participate and contribute advanced level development of all phases of project engineering, including Pre-FEED, FEED, detail design and construction support.
- Typical equipment includes Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Fired Equipment, HVAC, Pumps, Compressors. General knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and standards, and good engineering practice.
- Ensure adherence to client and/or company health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) requirements as well as state and federal regulations.
- Leads the effort in the development of mechanical engineering hour estimates for proposed projects, develop team loading and schedule concurrence.
- Monitor the schedule, ensure that project objectives are met, monitor project controls and engineering execution within the approved budget.
- Responsible for reporting on engineering, design and equipment development/procurement status to the Lead Project Engineer/Manager and performing monthly or bi-weekly assessments of progress.
- Experienced in Checking processes and quality control of deliverables.
- Enforces Quality in his/her team.
- Has direct communication with equipment manufacturers for scope clarifications till resolution.
- Procedure development may include start-up, commissioning, operating and maintenance.
- Coordinate and incorporate client requirements and standards.
- Develop Mechanical Work Plans for the installation of equipment.
- Initiate Project Deviation Notices that impact the mechanical specifications, effort-hour budget and/or schedule.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Engineers of other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of all information, and to ensure alignment with project requirements and design basis
- Coordination with Worley Global Integrated Delivery (GID) counterparts to complete deliverables, usually through Worley India offices.
- Responsible for obtaining cost related information and developing scope of work documents for project estimates (e.g., TIC estimates).
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or University.
- 12+ years of overall technical experience on capital projects from feasibility through construction.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Mechanical Lead role, supervising a small team of Mechanical Engineers.
- Familiarity with various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, OneNote) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Ability to travel to live facilities required.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance