Energy Resourcing are working with a Global EPC Contractor as they continue to grow there established team here in the UK.
Key to this growth is the recruitment of a Lead Mechanical Engineer on a 12 month project based from there office based in West London.
This will be to work on a specific leading UK based carbon capture project.
If you may be interested in this role please apply via the link.
- To review and approve designs within the mechanical group
- To ensure the mechanical team is suitably resourced for planned objectives and all personnel are suitably SQEP'd for the project
- To provide assurance to the PEM and Client Engineer that all aspects engineering within the mechanical discipline have been carried to an acceptable standard
- To liaise with other engineering disciplines to ensure best practice is applied to the engineering of project and to ensure compliance to project specifications and standards
- Review and approval of designs and check / approval of engineering deliverables
- Production of enquiry documentation for plant and equipment including equipment datasheets, specifications and requisitions
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
- Identification of risks in the workplace, site and design work being undertaken
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design
- Managing change and identifying, formalising and notifying relevant parties of changes in the project
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors and clients
- Estimating and the management of budgets, schedule and quality of projects
- Driving, control and schedule of workshare using global integrated delivery (GID)
- Lead Engineer proven experience on Oil & Gas/Petrochem FEED / EPC / EPCm projects
- Good knowledge of pumps including seal systems
- Good knowledge of compressors, reciprocating and centrifugal
- Knowledge of power generation equipment
- Good knowledge of large volume storage tanks
- Good knowledge of the design of pressure vessels
- Good knowledge of the design of heat exchangers
- Experience of static equipment testing
- Knowledge of American design codes and standards, i.e. ASME VIII, ASTM, NACE, API 650, TEMA
- Experience of performance testing of large machinery
- Sound knowledge of the EU Directives (Machinery Directive, PED and ATEX)
- Working knowledge of corrosion and degradation mechanisms and able to select materials of construction for equipment in oil, gas and refinery service
- Experienced in the management of suppliers including; inspection and test plans, quality plans, order close out, suppliers document reviews
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment