Our client are a leading global EPC company with a portfolio of large, exciting and complex projects within the Oil and Gas and petrochemical industries. They seek to recruit on a permanent staff basis a Lead Instrument Engineer who will work remotely with trips to a base office within the UK to connect with the project and personnel.
The ideal candidate shall be a highly motivated engineer, able to work unsupervised and have demonstrable leadership qualities. The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
- General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling manhour budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
- Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
- Developing project procedures, standards and functional requirements specifications for control systems and instrumentation
- Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
- Undertake site surveys
- Develop instrument databases
- Participate in design reviews including HAZOP, SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc
- Manage the preparation of design deliverables
- Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines; process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
- Interface with clients' engineering representatives
- Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing
- Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
- Chartered Engineer Status
- A proven track record within the Oil and Gas, or Petrochemical industry