Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Lead HSE Advisor to join our client's Aberdeen office on a fixed-term contract basis.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work for an upstream oil and gas company. The successful candidate will be supporting the project and HSE function.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers positive commitment to and engages all team members in continuous HSE improvement.
- Point of contact for the provision of advice and assistance to onshore and offshore Contract Teams on all HSE matters.
- Facilitate proactive HSE engagement and communication between onshore and offshore teams across all sites, including facilitation of cross-asset 3 weekly HSE Construction Calls.
- This role will require proactive engagement with Client HSE Team to ensure a collaborative approach and alignment with HSE management on the Contract. This may include the need to interface for, studies, workshops, investigations, reporting, data gathering, and general client liaison.
- Regularly conduct and support HSE Leadership Visits to Client Sites onshore and offshore (as per schedule).
- Provide support for all work scopes providing engineering & design discipline support and support to all risk-related activities (including Project scopes - design to execute); including support to Work pack Engineers in the development of HIRAs.
- Promptly alert line and functional management for all accidents and incidents. Involvement in all incident investigations and ensure that findings are reported, corrective actions raised, and lessons learned developed and appropriately shared.
- Ensure that the worksites have robust systems and procedures implemented that demonstrate compliance with all relevant HSE legislation and that a regular audit schedule is integrated into the Project Assurance Plan.
- Support the Project QA Manager in the development and implementation of Project Assurance plans and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate project HSEA activities (e.g., improvement plans, incident trends, best practice development, etc).
- Support the Project to plan and delivering project assurance activities (e.g., audits, Major Accident Hazard sessions, self-verification, site inspections, and campaigns). Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSE management system. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Project demonstrates compliance with Company standards and client-interfaced arrangements.
- Provide positive support and coordination for the Portfolio on HSE issues and promote the adoption of HSE best practices and incorporating safety alerts and lessons learned.
- Development of HSE material and campaigns for knowledge sharing and promotion of best practices.
- Develop and deliver HSE training and coaching to onshore and offshore teams.
- Develop health risk assessments and ensure these are in place for all offshore positions; undertake regular reviews of these.
- Review and prepare analytics for leading and lagging indicators and identify/report any trends, ensuring that there is an appropriate response to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintenance of Monthly HSE Dashboard which includes performance, incident stats, trends, campaign activities, and shared learning specific to the project.
- Collaborate with the client's HSE team to build relationships and share best practices across business and projects.
- Promotion of the client's values and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of Monthly HSE Reporting requirements, e.g. Event reporting and Manhours in the WAS database.
- Conduct Project based auditing as required or defined in the Project Assurance Plan.
- Experience in working Brownfield Projects.
- HSE experience and risk management.
- Experience of working with ISO accredited Management Systems.
- In depth knowledge of HSE legislation, management systems and best practice.
- Offshore experience.
- Experience of Brownfield Construction Projects.
- Experience relating to project FEED, Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning and handover.
- Familiarity with key deliverables (including SOR, BOD, KOM, FEED Studies, Vendor Reviews and workshops such as Design Review, HAZID, Constructability Review etc) Demonstrable experience within a similar role in Brownfield Projects.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- BOSIET/MIST & Medical.
- Incident Investigation Qualification.
- Auditor Qualification.
- IOSH Qualification.