Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Lead Geotechnical Engineer - Offshore Wind located in The Hague, The Netherlands.
This is an exciting role that will require the technical leadership of geotechnical engineering for offshore wind development. You should have a good command of fast-evolving geotechnical issues around OWF as well as have the capacity to deliver projects with our client's team. You will be encouraged to think differently to deliver projects using innovative business models and utilising existing, and developing new, digital solutions and design automation. As Principal Engineer, you will be directly involved in leading ongoing projects, contributing to bids and developing broader technical solutions for the business. As team Lead, you'll take on more responsibilities around growing the Geotech offshore wind team and help setting the strategic direction for the Geotech group. You will also work with our wider offshore wind and in-house Advisory teams to provide a range of services and expertise to clients.
- Leading our geotechnical team on offshore wind project portfolio - from feasibility through to detailed design with diverse tasks such as geo survey specification, geotechnical interpretation and assistance in certification in one or more of the foundation types such as Monopile, jacket, Suction base, or GBS
- Providing technical assurance on project deliverables related to geotechnical subject for OWF
- Managing engineering delivery teams based in multiple countries/regions and ensuring that all design work under his control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with the engineering procedures or when specified to a Project Quality Plan.
- Managing clients to advocate for our client team if required
- Assisting/leading working groups for developing new geotechnical engineering delivery digital tools
- Publicizing and promoting technical excellence in geotechnical engineering to the outside world
- Developing new technique / technology in geotechnical engineering related subjects.
- A degree and chartered status in civil/geotechnical engineering (or equivalent)
- Worked at the cutting edge of offshore wind design with a strong demonstrable track record in offshore wind geotechnical engineering
- Have expertise in one or more of the following areas1) Geophysical including survey specification, sea mobility analysis, scour study, GIS modelling, geohazard analysis2) Geotechnical planning including survey specification, geotechnical testing specification, 3D Ground modelling,3) Geotechnical special studies such as monopile design using PISA method, suction caisson design, FE based pile analysis4) Geotechnical / structural design and analysis for OWF such as drivability study, hammer specification, pile driving test, fatigue study, design for driven pile/mudmat, /gravity based foundation design/jack up spudcan/anchor,
- Deep knowledge of existing digital platforms for geotechnical design (GRLWEAP, Opile, Abaqus, ANSYS, Plaxis 2D-3D, Lpile etc…)
- The ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients in the form of design sketch, calculation, verbal and written reports
- A "Can Do" attitude with high tolerance for uncertainties
- Soft attributes such as detail conscience, commercial awareness and strong work ethic .
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Please note: Intermittent travel to our client's offices in these locations will be expected.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Paulina Hasior will be happy to help you at paulina.hasior(at)energyresourcing.com. We look forward to your application!Apply Now