Lead Electrical Engineer (Power Generation)
Contract Position (Project Based)
Innovative consulting engineering firm with a focus on oil and gas, industrial projects, grid connections and power generation projects. Seeking open minded and critical thinking engineer with an interest in electrical power projects who strive to add value to the client’s businesses.
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, a team player who can work independently and who enjoys continual learning. Many of the projects are niche and require outside the box thinking. The environment is a team focused collaborative environment in which participation and contributing innovative ideas is encouraged.
· Client Interfacing/ Vendor Interfacing
· Project Execution/ Project Management
· Creation of electrical drawing packages
· Power system studies/ Fugitive emission studies
· Grounding design
· Arc-Flash Studies
· Oil and gas facility design/ Power generation design
· Renewable Energy
· Protection relay programming
· Startup and commissioning
Qualifications and Skills:
· 15-20 plus years of experience
· Registration with APEGA and/or other Canadian engineering boards
· Field/ hands on experience
· Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, CSA Standards and other industry standards such as IEEE, API, NEMA etc.
· Capable of performing engineering calculations (including power systems) by hand
· Can utilize engineering templates
· Strong technical writing skills
· Power systems modelling, ETAP/SKM/Easypower/CYME software
· MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint)