About the Role
Our client, a global market leading engineering organisation, is seeking for an experienced Lead Electrical Designer to join their Perth team and lead one of the discipline teams. The chosen candidate will receive a competitive hourly rate, and an initial 12-month contract with a view to further extension.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver electrical design and drafting services, and provide specialist technical direction and advice to the discipline, discipline team and project teams
- Lead and manage resourcing of the electrical design team across multiple projects, and ensure the design and drafting services meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Lead and manage the discipline team, this including tasks such as outlining the project requirements, assigning tasks, supervising the progress, ensuring the overall technical integrity of work, and providing on the job training to develop staff.
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budget for proposals.
- Communicate effectively and regularly on matters entailing design progress, technical matters, workshare, and resource planning.
- Identify issues and problems, and develop appropriate and innovative solutions
Skills and Experience
- Electrical design qualification
- Qualification in business, management or supervision.
- Extensive experience within the Mining, Resources and Energy industries.
- Excellent technical and practical electrical design and drafting skills, and competency in the use of MS Office Suite, MicroStation and AutoCAD software.
- Brownfield sustaining capital projects experience in mining and resource industry
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
About Energy Resourcing Australia
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of being an Energy Resourcing Contractor:
- A flexible approach to Payroll where Contractors can trade as PAYG Individual, Pty Ltd Company or Family/Discretionary Trusts
- Flexible pay cycles where Contractors can elect to be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Locally based In-house Payroll team who are easily contactable for queries or assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contractor Care Program (including regular contact, Contractor functions and merchandise)
- Placement assistance at the end of a contract.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Anu Marttinen on +61 8 9420 7527 or firstname.lastname@example.org