Our client have an EPC contract for operated platforms in the UK North Sea and are seeking a permament staff Lead Electrical Designer for the project to be based remotely (within the UK or from within Europe) with trips to the asset if required and to attend client meetings
The Scope of Work is delivery and execution of the following activities / duties for delivery of Principal Electrical Design services to the project.
The Electrical scope for this project as a minimum shall include:
- Preparation / checking and approval of Electrical project drawing(s), 3D modelling, requisition(s), Calculation(s), and associated documentation for assets and packages, in line with project requirements.
- Supplier liaison and technical review of submitted drawings and documentation for compliance to project requirements.
- Assisting with procurement of packaged items and asset Electrical equipment as identified on the project plan and scopes of work
Primary Duties Required
- Technical input to any change requests resulting from either internal or external scope growth beyond the base project requirements.
- Production and management of Electrical design deliverables required to execute E&C scopes of work and in line with Project Execution Plan.
- Checking and approval of Electrical design deliverables to the EPC design documentation checking and approval standards.
- Site surveys, to be carried out offshore on the assets if required.
- Attendance at project meetings, including any safety or engineering reviews (including, but not limited to HAZOP, HAZID, model reviews, constructability reviews, etc.)Attendance client meetings where required.
- Calculations pertaining to Electrical design, to be performed in line with industry standards and aligned with customer technical practice where applicable.
- Scheduling and completion of work to agreed project milestones.
- Use and compliance with International standards, in line with the project Basis of Design requirements.
- Use of document management system.
- Execution of scopes of work in line with business code of conduct requirements.
- Review and approval of Electrical equipment supplier drawings and documents ensuring design complies with relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures.
- Support to project peer reviews
- Provision of technical input to tender submissions, including generation of cost, time, resource (CTR's) estimates and listing of technical assumptions and inclusions.
- Demonstrable experience of execution of similar projects of scope and complexity.* Valid Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)* Electrical or Electronic Engineering qualification at HNC level (or equivalent)