Our client, a market leading engineering organisation, is currently seeking for experienced Lead Control Systems Engineer to join their Perth team and lead a team of circa 35 control system and communication engineers. This office-based role provides an initial 12 month contract and an opportunity to work at a central location in Perth.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of control system design and implementation deliverables, including Requirements Specifications, Scopes of Work, Functional Specifications and Test documentation.
- Project studies and concept designs including estimating, architecture development, control philosophies and prototyping.
- Active participation in HAZOPs and Risk Assessments.
- Overseeing, directing or personally delivering complex control system designs on key industrial projects.
- Driving the pace and efficiency in the delivery of control system design and execution projects.
- Oversee PLC and HMI development and testing.
- Interface with vendors to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Coordinate factory acceptance testing, vendor integration testing and commissioning (including shutdowns).
- Promotion of Safety in Design on control system projects.
- Provide high levels of reporting and schedule/budget tracking
- Contribution to marketing opportunities for new business and developing stronger client relationships
- Supporting Project Managers / Designated Project Executives managing risk, project delivery, HSEC, quality and service.
- Chair control system engineering project meetings, both internal and with our external clients.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree qualification.
- Extensive experience in significant control system design and execution projects.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team.
- Ability to lead large teams of engineers, and entor control system graduates and drive technical excellence in delivery.
- Proven successful delivery of control system projects.
- Credibility and relationships with industrial clients in WA within the areas of iron ore, utilities, oil & gas, gold and the sector generally.
- A desire for personal development and a keen eye for detail.
- A focus on quality and performance.
- Ability to develop and drive proposal plans for particular opportunities.
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC development experience required.
- Experience with materials handling and commissioning is required.
- Citect experience required
- Experience with multidisciplinary design interfaces (particularly electrical and mechanical) required.
- Functional Safety experience beneficial.
About Energy Resourcing Australia
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organization, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of being an Energy Resourcing Contractor
- A flexible approach to Payroll where Contractors can trade as PAYG Individual, Pty Ltd Company or Family/Discretionary Trusts;
- Flexible pay cycles where Contractors can elect to be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis;
- Locally based In-house Payroll team who are easily contactable for queries or assistance;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Contractor Care Program (including regular contact, Contractor functions and merchandise);
- Placement assistance at the end of a contract.