Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Lead Civil/Structural Engineer to join our client's Manchester team on a 12-month contract basis or on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a global EPC client to work on a new energy project.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes by the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards, and legislative requirements related to discipline work scope.
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit sites when necessary.
- Facilitate discussions within the engineering and design team relating to the design and preparation of deliverable issues, providing technical guidance, support, and training when required.
- Ensure that all discipline personnel are working in alignment and following best practices.
- Sign and check drawings and documents by correct procedures.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project.
- Commitment to and promotion of values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environment, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Ability to lead large complex project work-scopes from multiple execution centres.
- Engineering experience with sound technical background and expertise.
- Competency in the use of analytical methods used within the discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Familiarity with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting, and reporting.
- Awareness of commercial, contractual, and administrative aspects of engineering.
- Ability to estimate work hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
- Ability to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates.