Lead Civil Engineer, P.E.
Position: Contract (1-2years)
Location: Houston, TX
Currently recruiting for a Lead Civil Engineer to work in-office at our client’s location in Downtown Houston, TX, M-F. With autonomy, the Lead Civil Engineer will complete most types of assignments through the application of standard engineering theories, techniques, and practices. Will incorporate relevant regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices for the control, development, and application of deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training. Assists in the employee performance review process. Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Supports adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports the processes for checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and acts where required.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc.
- Crafts recommendations and creates final documentation.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval. May review similar documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done peers.
- Seeks input from knowledgeable sources, may participate in constructability, operability, and maintainability reviews, and incorporates requirements into engineering/design.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working at the office up to 5 days a week is required
- 12+ years’ experience in civil engineering in oil/gas/chemicals industry
- Site Development
- Pond Design
- Road layout and design
- Erosion control
- PE License required (TX license preferred but not required)
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance