Lawyer – International Hydrocarbon projects
Our client is a leading global EPC contractor with an international portfolio of contracts under different jurisdictions within the hydrocarbons, mining and minerals sectors.
They seek to recruit on a staff basis a Lawyer as part of our international legal team who has a good working knowledge of international contracts under the laws of different jurisdictions within the oil, petrochemical or mining industries. Proficiency in Spanish language would be highly desirable but not essential. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years experience in the legal field post qualification. The key responsibilities of the role are listed below.
* Proficient and confident in contract, joint venture, consortium confidentiality agreement and subcontract drafting and or reviewing.
* Serves as a key point of contact for any legal questions/needs regarding revenue generating contracts in the European region
* Liaises between proposal managers and HQ reviewers, Internal approval arrangements on different levels whenever needed
* Involves the subject expert for certain types of agreements/services in the contract review process if necessary in accordance with the scope of responsibility within the company
* Provides ongoing contract analysis support to proposal and contract managers, identifying and clarifying key commercial components within a contract and identifying potential issues within the contract, analysing potential risks involved with specific contract terms and consults with proposal managers on the contract review process and proper use of standard contract templates
* Participates, as necessary, in sales negotiation meetings to provide support to the proposal team and to ensure understanding of contractual commitments and/or issues
* Track document approval and execution to ensure that agreements are in place when required and are properly executed and stored in compliance with company policies
* Reviews confidentiality agreements and ensures the proper tracking of the confidentiality review process during the whole cycle starting from initiation up to archiving.
* Provides advice to the project team in contractual disputes with clients
* Stays up-to date with European legislative changes and coordinate with the rest of the legal department as needed
* Deals with any other legal tasks that arise that are within his capabilities
Knowledge & Skills
* Qualified lawyer with at least four years experience in the hydrocarbons or metals and mining sector
* Experience of international contracts under the laws of different jurisdictions
* Experienced in large tender (high value) legal review
* Ability to apply commercial acumen to the contract risks and evaluate the likelihood of such a risk occurring and the magnitude of the risk and to provide mitigations for such risks
* Logical and methodical, results driven
* Proficient with MS Excel Spreadsheets and MS Word
* Highly developed personal skills, multi-cultural sensitivity and multi-tasks oriented
* Ability to consider and evaluate the interrelationships of numerous factors
* Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
* Willingness to travel anywhere in the world as required for short periods
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and to multi task
Ideally a command of the Spanish language would be highly advantageous