Location: Toronto - Opportunity for remote/virtual work
Our client is a renewable power producer that manages an operating portfolio of renewable power assets in Canada and the USA. We also oversee a growth pipeline of wind, solar and storage projects spread across the USA.
Reporting to the Director, Land & Community, the Land Coordinator is responsible for supporting all land-related activities for our client's wind and solar projects from development, through construction and into operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and plan regularly with the project development, construction, and operational teams to determine resourcing, timelines for deliverables and support required for development stage, construction stage and operational stage projects.
- Communicates project development activities to landowners and works to build and maintain relationships with landowners, community members and project site personnel, including to resolve challenging and conflict situations with landowners in a timely manner.
- Engage with and manage external land acquisition resources/consultants, construction contractors and consultants to ensure compliance with our client's practices and existing landowner commitments.
- Work closely with internal and external legal counsel to prepare/review legal documentation and negotiate terms related to the same: including leases, easements, side agreements for water use.
- Work closely with title insurance company and legal team to review title commitments and prepare/obtain any necessary title curative documentation : including affidavits, probate clean up, legal description discrepancies, subordination agreements, tax liens.
- Liaise with surveyor to prepare and review ALTA survey.
- Facilitate the signing of various project documents with stakeholders, including agreements, amendments, payment authorization forms, estoppels .
- Assist Land/Communication Manager in preparation of landowner and/or community events.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget for the Land Department.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets to track tasks, agreements and coordinates activities with other colleagues.
- Support our client's due diligence reviews of potential project acquisitions.
- Facilitates all activities related to payments associated with our client's land and community agreements including property tax reimbursement, landowner correspondence, budgeting, Reviews and analyzes language in agreements to ensure accuracy of payment amounts.
- Inputs, maintains, and manages data and agreement commitments in our clients land software system, Pandell's LandWorks.
Experience and Qualification:
- University degree preferred.
- 2-4 years' experience in similar role.
- Experience in interacting with remote or indirect internal and external resources, including landowners, consultants, and contractors.
- Experience in renewable energy, or other large infrastructure industry is an asset.
- Must be able to read and analyze heavily worded legal documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with specific attention to detail.
- Experience using Pandell's LandWorks or as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal is an asset.
- Travel requirements estimated at 20-30%.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance