Apply NowApply Now
Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer to be supporting the Senior Mechanical Engineer to be working on their end client's operations in Kwinana. Initial contract is 12 months with lots of opportunity for mentoring and professional guidance.
- Scoping and execution of minor plant modifications to aid in the backlog of engineering projects and HAZOP and LOPA actions.
- Development of pressure equipment repairs and replacements during normal running operations and shutdowns.
- General day to day support including however are not limited to,
- Provide technical guidance in the review of maintenance requirements based on specifications, performance, reliability theory, regulations and standards.
- Assist with design, trouble shooting or improvement work as required and engage with engineering services as required.
- Lead investigations into equipment failure to determine root cause and implementing measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist process and operations in maximising availability and reliability of equipment to meet customer demand.
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- Recently completed relevant tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering with some industry experience 1-3 years
- Experience in Mining or Oil/Gas will be highly preferred
- Sound understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings, standards, specifications, and sketches.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a supportive high-performing team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.