Intermediate Process Engineer
5-8 years of experience
EPC experience required
Intermediate Process Engineer required for my large EPC client in Edmonton. The role will involve process design and department support. This position also has close interaction with other members of the Process Department and other departments as well.
- Completing conceptual and detailed process engineering design of new or revamp/additions to existing facilities
- Carrying out calculations, designs, cost estimates, Heat and Material Balances (H&MB), and process simulations
- Providing process specifications for equipment
- Creating, reviewing and revising PFDs, P&IDs, layout and line lists, complete data sheets
- Developing the design basis and report writing such as equipment surveys, cost estimates, and process studies
- Reviewing and applying relevant standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for task, identify areas of deviation or concern
- Responsible for working within and following company work procedures, Quality Assurance guidelines, Safety regulations and specific project procedures.
- Interfacing and coordination between other discipline engineers and project support staff
- Fluid behavior and hydraulics
- Heat transfer
- Process equipment, various types and configurations, benefits/shortfalls particular to a certain application
- Potential hazardous locations and conditions
- P&ID development
- Instrumentation and controls process design
At least 2-3 years of EPC Experience required in the following areas:
- Downstream facility designs and plant operations including but not limited to refinery, upgrader, fertilizer and petrochemical
- Experience in flow assurance and transient analysis
- Process Modeling Software
- PFD, P&IDs and plot layouts
- Overseeing other Process Engineers depending on size of job
- Good working knowledge of computer programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) is beneficial.
Professional Engineer with a bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and professional registration in the Province of Alberta or equivalent.
If you are interested in working for a global engineering firm, apply today!