Instrumentation & Electrical Designer (Senior)
Position: 6-month contract
Location: Mobile, AL
We are recruiting for a client who manufactures phenol and acetone looking for a Senior I&E Designer. The Senior I&E Designer will be responsible for performing all aspects for complete design of electrical/instrumentation assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. I & E design skills are required for producing and maintaining instrument and electrical deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, and sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and site specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates and resolves design issues with the Engineers, Production team, Field Service Technicians and third-party vendors.
- Works with project team to develop project scope and costing, obtaining input from third parties such as component vendors, utilities, construction contractors, and permitting authorities.
- Maintains current inventory of drawings and specifications for individual components and assembly drawings.
- Collaborates with engineers, vendors, and contractors to support installation, operation, and maintenance of systems.
- Develop preliminary Bills of Materials with respect to I/E design.
- Provide oversight when work is outsourced as required.
- Participate in project meetings plus provide project status.
- Provide support and input into the preparation of bid and construction packages
- Provide assistance to Purchasing department for proposals.
- Prepare and manage schedule for I & E design projects.
- Assist in the preparation of estimate and reviews completed construction drawings, and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Create and respond to technical queries for job packages
- Conduct necessary fieldwork inclusive of walk downs of current systems, supervision, and resolution to field noted issues.
- Ensure installation work of technicians conforms with established standards.
- Carry out site surveys for detailed survey information and produces reports as required
- Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards, codes, as well as company policies, procedures, and site specifications.
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Provide technical input during all phases of project development and execution.
- Responsible for technical decision making associated with any given scope of work.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification
- 10 Years' experience in the petrochemical or other equivalent industry
- Certificate in Drafting and Design from a technical school or an Associate´s Degree in Drafting and Design from accredited institutions.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD software and other electronic tools required for management of instrument and electrical design documents.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance