Instrumentation and Electrical Plant Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
The Instrumentation and Electrical Plant Engineer is responsible for day-to-day engineering support to ensure safe operation and production within their CFT. Once a technical solution is recommended and agreed upon, they will typically lead the maintenance repair scope development and associated engineering and design required while engaging applicable Cross Functional Team (CFT) members and other plant resources as needed. This role is actively involved in outage and turnaround scope development and will provide the necessary engineering (and oversee design) to prepare for the outage/turnaround and directly support maintenance and turnaround groups through execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot equipment problems which may include engaging internal and external technical resources
- Respond to asset failures and operational needs by providing field support and timely repair scopes to effectively return assets to service
- Specialize in the shorter term challenge of maintaining assets operational capability and are less involved than their Reliability Engineer counterparts with proactive improvements and long term strategies.
- Lead the appropriate prioritized small scope change to improve: safety, environment and production risks
- Assess equipment condition, or health, to determine its capability for continued operation or duty
- Designs and develops equipment repair methods and procedures, initiates analysis of failures and provides technical troubleshooting, and communicates these concepts in detailed technical reports
- Determines cost advantages of repair alternatives and develops action plans that comply with demands for timely repair of processes/equipment.
- Act as first point of contact with maintenance for any activities that requires engineering analysis and approval
- Safety, including process safety is foundational to all engineering
- Engage other business units, business partners, internal and external expertise to leverage knowledge and lessons learned for your business unit and function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer with 5+ years experience in Refinery/Oil & Gas Facilities.
- Broad technical knowledge across mechanical, rotating, instrumentation, and electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of process equipment design and operations.
- PE Preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance and reliability engineering practices.
- Ability to lead within CFT to meet all safety, health, and environmental requirements
- Knowledge and understanding in core systems (e.g. SAP, OLT, PI Processbook, Enablon, KMS, SPI).
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance