Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for an Instrument Engineer to join their client's Manchester team on a 12-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will join the leading and most ambitious petrochemical company in the world. Our client strives to deliver excellence through our sustainable, high-quality polymer and petrochemical products.
- Work under the supervision of Senior Designers to ensure that asset or project discipline draughting activities are executed within budget and schedule while maintaining technical integrity.
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front end Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design).
- Prepare instrument drawings and designs to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of working practices and systems to continuously improve systems, personal and team performance. Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Carry out site visits where necessary.
- Commitment to and promotion of our client's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environment, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
- ONC or equivalent in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques.
- Aware of and able to use codes of practice, standards, and relevant sections of statutory documentation as applicable to the draughting function.
- Aware of and able to use the company and client draughting standards and specifications.
- Able to create base design drawings/models from the agreed work scope with minimal guidance.
- Computer literate (database/spreadsheets). Able to communicate clearly with engineering personnel.
- Able to contribute to group/discipline objectives applicable to the draughting function.