Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an Inside Sales Manager I (ISM), located in our client's office in Madrid, Spain. Candidates should have proven work experience in the execution of brownfield projects in the downstream refinery and chemical/petrochemical markets.
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager I (ISM) is to drive disciplined application of our Sales Process collaborating with all stakeholders (including all levels of Inside Sales, Outside Sales, operations, management, and marketing). By driving this process, the ISM is expected to:
- Develop and advance customer relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game)
- Work with the capture team to strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game)
- Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents/presentations/interviews with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy customer business goals (End Game).
The ISM takes responsibility for deliverables and activities for opportunities of all sizes in all phases of the sales process, as well as facilitates the completion of deliverables and activities owned by others through proper alignment/communication and/or escalation as required. The ISM collaborates with Sales, Marketing, and Operations to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance our customers' competitive position. The ISM drives the organization to maintain accurate and updated account management and opportunity information on CSP.
Strategic, Marketing, and Opening Game
- Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. customer, competitor and market research, development of Core Customer Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers, and participation in Sprint campaigns.
- For the industry sectors pursued by your office, develop an understanding of our corporate, regional and office qualifications including technical, managerial, commercial and competitive strengths that differentiate us in the marketplace.
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop Win Plan (G to VP), SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team.
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze customer request, develop response plan (B&P budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), support Go/No Go, conduct Pink Team, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, prepare Red Team package, incorporate Red Team input, ensure on-time delivery of response.
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and drive them into sales documents through a disciplined storyboarding process that articulates compelling sales messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
- Liaise with Outside Sales and the Leadership Team to capture and develop the strategy.
- Manage the successful development of compliant, competitive, and compelling Proposals, RFIs, Pre-qualifications, and EOIs through effective collaboration across teams that include internal staff, other business lines and or outside partners/suppliers.
- Develop a professionally produced proposal within customer defined timeframes and requirements.
- Ensure the completed proposal aligns with the customer requirements and the RFP, contains the win themes, is correctly formatted and approved by the location management team.
- Manage bid clarification process and maintain register to track clarifications during bid and post-bid.
- Assist on major proposals that are highly complex bids that may cross multiple offices, business streams, be joint ventures, or be large values, in excess of $100M.
- Prepares written and graphical elements of sales opportunity response documents such as proposals, qualifications and presentations.
- Coordinates production of response documents (printing, copying, binding, shipping).
- Lead by example, HSE program to promote an incident and injury free culture. Be proactive in ensuring health and safety of opportunity team throughout.
- Develop and maintain sales collateral materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and customer testimonials. Manage the knowledge database locally and globally as required to support the continuous and effective performance of the team.
- Coach Inside Sales Coordinators (ISCs) in the sales process, Inside Sales strategic concepts, and specific functional skills; demonstrate leadership through efficient deployment and development of ISCs on opportunities owned by ISM.
- Education: Bachelor's degree with MBA (preferred). Similar working level obtained through relevant job experience may be accepted instead of a degree level education.
- Experience: 7+ years of relevant experience in Sales and Project Management (preferred)
- Technical: Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SharePoint online, and Adobe software suite; technology savvy.
- Language skills: Excellent knowledge of English and Spanish written and spoken, other languages are an advantage.
Other Key Attributes
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial, contractual, and execution models and risks
- High tolerance in working under pressure, handling multiple tasks with strict deadlines while maintaining focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to maintain strong relationships with senior management and peers while pushing for positive schedule, quality, and strategic outcomes.
- Critical thinker; able to pose relevant questions to enable completion of low-definition tasks.
- Reliable, hands-on team player.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, open, service minded and spontaneous working attitude and communication style.
- Ability to protect sensitive and proprietary information.
- Is this role your next step? Please apply!
We look forward to speaking to you!
If you have any questions please contact Ires-Anika Murphy via LinkedIN.Apply Now