Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client we are currently recruiting for a HVAC Engineer to join our client, located in The Hague.
As HVAC Senior Engineer you are responsible for the proper and timely execution of HVAC related scope of work within our client's projects; with ensuring our client's quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.The activities consist of preparing HVAC designs independently or as part of a team, prepare Basis of Design/ Design criteria, Flowsheets, initial HVAC calculations, 3D input, layouts, cost calculations, work hours estimates, prepare the technical parts for construction contractor scope of work, coordination of construction contractor and construction follow-up.An important task is to liaise with other departments to ensure that all HVAC interfaces are integrated in design e.g., heat dissipations, room sizing, equipment sizing, electrical load list, I/O for instrumentation, piping connections, safety in design requirements, construction details and Structural and Civil content within the 3D model are up to date (modelling by others).As HVAC Lead engineer you report functionally to the Department manager Mechanical and operationally to one or more Engineering/ Project Managers.We expect candidates will have a strong technical background in an engineering contracting environment with all aspects of HVAC design, engineering, equipment selection, sustainable solutions. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is crucial.
- As (lead) engineer be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects ensuring our client's quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
- Responsible for issue of all HVAC deliverable.
- Ensures effective communication among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
- Defines the discipline scope of work and the required resources,
- Participates in daily scrum meetings and project status meetings
- Perform independent site visits/surveys, FAT and SAT's and construction assistance
- Interact and coordinate construction contractor follow-up after award
- Assumes responsibility for quality, cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control including reporting of project status, progress, close out reporting including lessons learnt.
- Ensures effective management of change.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety, quality, and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
- Is able to produce proposals for projects which involve man hour- and schedule estimates related to the mechanical scope of work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master's Degree
- The successful candidate must be a driven professional able to act as lead engineer on a project to take responsibility for the HVAC scope and project aspects such as planning, scheduling, manhour estimates and measuring physical progress.
- Has solid HVAC engineering and design experience in the Refinery, Petrochemical and Offshore markets. (10+ years). New energy design for eg Hydrogen plants is a pre.
- Should have good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering
- Has good knowledge of national and international codes and standards
- Has proven experience with Dutch and European regulations
- Has already been responsible for (midsize) teams
- Multi-office project execution experience is a pre
- Experience and affinity with Project controls; Scheduling and progressing
- Ability to organize and set priorities
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Ability to report in in English, both verbal & in writing. Mastering Dutch and/or German is an advantage.
- Proactive attitude
- Flexible for business travelling
- Computer literacy essential, familiarity with HVAC design software preferred. e.g.: VABI, HAP, HevaComp
Join us now!
If you have any questions, please contact Paulina Hasior at We look forward to your application!Apply Now