HR Coordinator – Entry Level / Associate
(i.e. People Team Coordinator – People Advisor I)
Location: Houston, TX
Term: 12M Contract
The People Advisor I position is an entry level position within our Human Resources department. The primary responsibility of this role will be to facilitate the onboarding of new hires and to support tactical and administrative responsibilities for the HR Team. This position also provides information and answers questions from candidates, employees, and management in support of the business. This position also serves as the vendor manager with the third-party vendors regarding background clearance requests and drug screenings for new hires and project specific drug screening protocols.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Respond to calls and emails from candidates, employees and managers regarding new hire processes, paperwork requirements, and background checks; record all inquiries in call-tracking system
- Manage onboarding processes and adherence to employment compliance requirements to include the new hire orientation sessions delivered weekly from the Houston, TX office to all new hires for the Americas Central business
- Provide administrative HR support to the Houston HR general email inbox, HR reporting and monitor the employee exit survey data
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with management and employees.
- Ensure and maintain document compliance and provide approval for payroll data entry; schedule drug tests and background checks with candidate and facilities, coordinate completion of I-9 and other documents, and monitor process to completion.
- Identify potential onboarding issues or concerns; research, provide clarification, and facilitate problem resolution.
- Notify management and/or department regarding onboarding process issues; collaborate and advise as appropriate to limit company legal liability.
- Escalate non-compliance issues and concerns to Senior HR Business Partners and/or the Recruiting Manager.
- Serve as liaison between our client and third-party vendors regarding background clearance process and drug testing; coordinate requests, answer questions, monitor and receive results, and verify invoices
- Identify trends and issues with onboarding process flow; make improvement recommendations to Recruitment Manager, HR Business Partners, or recruiters as appropriate.
- Support graduate development efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related degree is required.
- Three (3) years’ Human Resources experience in recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, benefits, and/or employment compliance is required.
- Ability to work as a collaborative member of a strong HR team
- To be considered, candidates must have experience successfully executing a corporate drug screening protocol and experience managing third party vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in new employee orientation and I-9 process is required.
- Intermediate to advance skills using MS Word and Excel required; ADP, Taleo and MS PowerPoint skills are a plus.
- Strong English (written and oral) communication skills are required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities / strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office with ability to create: queries and reports; complex formulas and functions – including pivot tables, graphs, charts, import/export of data, basic v-lookups, building word tables
- Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations and Word documents from a “blank page”.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exhibit a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.