Human Resource Business Partner – Monrovia (Contract)
Location – Monrovia, California
Duration – Long term contract
Seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team of professional HR staff. In this role, you will work closely with an HR Coordinator and a portfolio of business leaders to ensure that HR programs and services support and drive business objectives. The position reports to Manager, HR Manager and is located in Monrovia, California.
As our ideal candidate for this dynamic and rewarding role, your responsibilities will consist of the following tasks:
- Under the mentor ship of a Senior HR Advisor and HR Manager, provide guidance and effective solutions to leaders in relation to mobility, workforce planning, compensation, employee relations, disability management, legislative requirements, investigations, talent management, and policy and practice.
- Ensure successful local implementation and application of HR policies and programs.
- Provide performance management guidance and consultation by coaching, develop action plans and provide assistance in setting expectations.
- Partner and collaborate with the relevant groups within the HR function locally and globally to enhance program development and delivery, policy, service delivery and to resolve issues that arise.
- Works closely with leaders to understand their business and their people requirements; develops solutions to meet the needs.
- Facilitates training, workshops, and orientations as required.
- Participates in department-level business planning and provides input into the people strategies.
- Analyzes HR metrics such as turnover, rates of progression, diversity, etc. and develops appropriate responses.
- Maintains knowledge of current legislation, market trends and best practices; researches and recommends changes to policy as needed.
- Participates in industry and professional practice events.
- Mentors HR Coordinators to ensure the transactional processing for assigned client groups is managed efficiently and effectively; coaches Coordinators for professional development and enables Coordinators to build business advisory capabilities.
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years direct Human Resources experience.
- Certificate, diploma or degree accreditation in Human Resources; CHRP designation is an asset.
- Good understanding/working knowledge of HR policies/procedures, benefits and employee relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and managers.
- Ability to identify priorities, organize and manage time effectively.
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of an HRIS.
- Attention to detail and focus on continuous improvement and on producing a quality product in a timely manner.
- Service and results oriented; innovative and proactive approach to initiatives and projects while having the opportunity to learn and develop core competencies.
- Desire for continuous career improvement and will be provided career development opportunities.