Energy Resourcing are recruiting for a HSEQ Technical Assistant for a staff position, with one of our long standing clients within the Oil & Gas sector.
This will be an office based role with occasional offshore visits, reporting to the HSEQ Manager.
· Provide support to the HSEQ team in regard to operational HSE processes and procedures and compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
· Study data and conduct reviews with subject matter experts.
· Index and cross-reference documents such as Safety Case, procedures and manuals.
· Produce or arrange for illustrations, charts, and photographs to be included in publications.
· Edit, standardise, or revise material prepared by other writers or personnel.
· Prepare layout of material for publication.
· Prepare rough drafts of documentation for review with subject matter experts and/or customers.
· Coordinate safety training programs or communications for onshore and offshore staff.
· Manage administration of SYNERGI incident management database and training of personnel in its use.
· Manage administration of WorkRite Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessment database and conduct DSE assessments as Company’s nominated DSE Assessor.
· Manage administration of SEVRON COSHH365 risk assessment database and training in its use.
· Assist with Safety Spectacles Scheme.
· Undertake other administrative tasks to assist the wider team as directed by management.
· Ensure compliance with Company Operational Safety, Health, Security and Environmental Management Systems is met within areas of own responsibility.
· Formal qualification in Occupational and/or Technical Safety
· An understanding of UK offshore regulatory regime and internationally recognised standards e.g. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Hazards Administration), British Standard/ISO standards, International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and ISM (International Safety Management) regulations, requirements and best practices.
· ‘H’ Grades in Scientific/Technical subject/OND in a relevant engineering discipline, as well as engineering experience either on or offshore.
· Ability to work as a member of a team and communicate effectively with onshore and offshore staff at all levels.
· Demonstrable sound skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Attention to detail and accuracy in reviewing documentation.
· An awareness of budgetary control and the ability to deliver tasks to program and cost targets.
· Willingness to visit offshore ( ideally with existing quals and experience).
· Experience in FPSO Operations, or experience in a similar role, and having worked and familiar within an HSEQ team environment.
· Knowledge of operational planning processes.