Our client are the PMC for the development of a major green ammonia production facility in Europe to design and construction the project as part of a sustainable future.
They seek to recruit a HSE Manager on either a contract or permanent basis, based in Copenhagen, to be part of this fantastic green energy transitional project. The PMC will manage delivery engineering scopes being delivered in Denmark and travel will be required to the EPC offices in Europe to oversee the project designs.
As part of a large greenfield energy transitional project you will have a strong background in the delivery of large greenfield process plant developments, hydrogen projects or alternatively within offshore wind, battery or energy storage
Duties will include:
- Provide Assurance support and advice to the UNCE region including but not limited to:
- Provide advice, support, and direction to HSE leads to enable them to support projects in a coherent and co-ordinated manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure client and business needs are understood and achieved.
- Be aware of Client HSE requirements and Guiding Principles and actively promote adherence with client, company, and Industry Best Practice.
- Drive the implementation and adherence to the Management System of work.
- Ensure that a robust project management system is established, maintained, and improved to meet project deliverables and drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor all aspects of project HSE performance.
- Monitor project compliance requirements to company current ISO accreditation.
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSE support is suitably resourced.
- Manage HSE presence at bid clarification, kick-off, pre-inspection meetings as required by the project.
- Support business capture with the development of effective responsive to HSSE tender questionnaires.
- Support, review and investigate accidents, incidents and near miss events to identify root caused and lessons learned. Ensure actions and recommendations are implemented.
- Share H&S learning on incidents, e.g. lessons learned, best practices to the team, company, client as applicable.
- Undertake Health and Safety compliance evaluations, inspections, and audits at prescribed intervals - record outputs and liaise with site management to ensure actions are completed.
- Stay abreast of emerging assurance issues, legislation, and industry standards/best practice.
- Keep the business updated with relevant requirements, and assist with compliance to assurance legislation, and where applicable customer assurance requirements, keeping information and advice up-to-date and any mitigation proposals.
- Demonstrate all aspects of HSE leadership.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers the positive commitment and engagement of all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
- Role model and promote company purpose, values, responsibility and diversity and inclusion across projects and offices.
- Be an ambassador for the Life approach and drive this through the business unit.
- Support the company sustainability commitments and drive for improving our environmental, social and governance performance (ESG)
- Implementing and monitoring HSE Team and individual development plans - Mentor graduate/ personnel in order to support Personnel Development Plan and further education scheme for professionals
- Direct project process owners in establishing their delivery of processes and procedures
- Liaise with Risk Management to understand risks associated with the project, with a view to developing controls to mitigate against risk items
- Assist in the evaluation of, and maintain proactive relationships with, the Supply Chain
- Ensure health risk assessments are in place for all operational positions and undertake regular reviews of these with the OH provider to ensure all health surveillance is managed in line with the risk assessment.
- Support the regional assurance plan through conduct of assigned assessments.
- Facilitate effective implementation of non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes.
- In line with the Regional Assurance Strategy, develop and drive business unit strategy and objectives to drive compliance
- Support office and project R3 planning, preparation, drills, and other activities as appropriate.
- Assist with office and project emergency management as needed.
- 10+ years of HSE experience and 5+ years of industry relevant experience including in a site-based
- project HSE role on large or complex projects
- Experience in a supervisory or management capacity within similar industry
- Proven ability to create and manage high performing teams
- Experience with project delivery procedures and processes
- Understanding of commercial and strategic business drivers
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Experience in workshop facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Committed to making a positive impact on HSE performance and achieving a high level of leadership.
- Ability to apply analytical skills, intelligence and knowledge to problem solving or meet deadlines, and able to ask for assistance if required