Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client we are currently recruiting for a HSE Manager / Director.
Are you an inspirational leader? We now have an exciting job offer for a HSE Manager to join our client's team in Germany.
In performing this role you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Our client will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
You will be part of the leadership team that will drive the planning, purchasing, construction and commissioning of the new facility. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project. Together with your colleagues, you will be accountable to lead internal and external teams cross-functionally to deliver on company targets and in line with customer expectations.As HSE manager you will make sure that health and safety, machinery safety, fire safety and environment meet the highest standards and complies with the legislation and internal standards. This role offers both hands-on work in our daily operations as well as strategic work in HSE management team and global collaboration within the HSE network. You appreciate interacting with your colleagues and motivate them to contribute to a great safety culture.
Scope: As a HSE Manager, your scope covers all the functions, but the team is strongly supported by colleagues and operational teams in production, testing and validation and recycling. For you to be successful, we expect you to be self-driven, an experienced people leader of leaders with hands-on attitude.
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety where everyone gets home safely every day
- Integrate management system for health and safety as part of integrated management system aligned within the group
- Provide leadership and support in complying with all external demands and internal objectives
- Develop risk reduction strategies for practices, procedures and facilities to ensure adherence to the law and other requirements
- Participate in project teams to develop and coordinate permitting strategies and coordinate/clarify permitting requirements
- Preparation and coordination of all approval procedures, in particular BImSchG permits, building permits and, if necessary, municipal urban land use planning
- Compilation and submission of the application documents on the basis of the technical approval planning, the construction documents and the external reports
- Support, advice and supervision of the adjacent project teams in all matters relating to permitting law
- Representation of the company, especially with authorities, in political committees and professional associations, with regard to occupational health and safety and licensing aspects of projects
- Build and coach a world class HSE team
- Develop and execute HSE plans for proactive work
- Conduct coaching and training within fire safety and health and safety
- Perform HSE audits and inspections and ensure delivery of action plans to handle deviations
- Lead incident investigations to ensure root cause analysis and actions of high quality
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on HSE awareness, issues and statistics
- Member of Northvolt Drei Management Team and representative in HSE related forums
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You are an experienced leader. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. As HSE Manager you are the key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
- University degree and 5+ yrs of professional HSE experience in manufacturing industry, preferably from chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Deep understanding of legal guidelines in the HSE areas, especially in health and safety
- Ability to standardise work, produce reports and develop relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Experience in managing and coaching teams and individuals
- Good knowledge and experience of European and especially German legislation
- Experience in HSE matters for large-scale construction projects
Deep knowledge in the requirements of ISO 45001
Professional experience in the relevant work environment, detailed understanding of the requirements of building and occupational health and safety law as well as their technical implementation in approval procedures according to BauO, BImSchG and BauGB
Experience and further training in the topics of Major Accidents Ordinance (12. BImSchV), risk analyses (HAZOP/PAAG), hazardous substances, explosion protection concept and fire protection concept
The ability to communicate guidelines to a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural workforce is essential
Excellent English and German written and oral skills, other languages is a plus
- Experience of being a leader
To be successful you have:
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Exceptionally good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Passionate & purpose driven
Are you the inspirational HSE leader we are looking for? Please apply!