Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an HSE Director, located on site in Heide/Hamburg, Germany. The candidate will ideally be German speaking and understand German building regulations.
You will be part of the Factory Program leadership team that will drive the planning, purchasing, construction and commissioning of our new electric battery giga factory in Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project.
- Provides Project Managers, Construction Managers, Project management and their teams with the necessary service relative to Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental activities and provides guidance to promote an effective HSE program.
- The position supports all project related initiatives and individuals in an effort to eliminate hazards in the work place that could cause property damage, injury, illness or harm to the environment. Report operationally to the Project/Construction Manager on all HSE program and operational matters. May act as a regional lead, or a major project lead.
- Operational leaders implementing strategies within a single functional area or department within a function, defined location or project.
- May be expected to drive and execute work beyond scope of individual function through cross-functional or special project teams.
- May manage work directly or through others.
- Creates a purpose or vision for their own area/department that aligns with organizational goals.
- Develops and oversees objectives, policies and procedures for current and following year.
- Develops and oversees implementation of strategic programs and policies for their groups, which may impact the region, location or large project; Ability to manage multiple complex projects through others; Works frequently with location and regional management on significant matters influencing the business results.
- Makes decisions as to the selection, training, discipline and remuneration of staff.
- Assigns policy framework, long-term mission and vision
- University Degree, or equivalent, in related field or applicable discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Typically 10+ years relevant experience with significant supervisory and/or management experience.
- Expert understanding of broader systems, processes and tools related to field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English written and oral skills, German is very meriting