Energy Resourcing are currently working with one of the worlds leading new energy companies specifically working on the construction, engineering and development of a state of the art facility.
This project would be based in Northern Europe in a unique location and provides an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the new energy transformation in Europe.
Please click on the job title below to view the Job
Assist the project HSE Manager in the implementation of the project Work Environment Plan / HSE Plan / HSE Standards and contractor partner compliance with Swedish Acts and all its related provisions.
Maintain knowledge of current governing regulations, codes and practices and inform the Project HSE Manager whenever revisions to HSE related documents are required.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively promote HSE excellence and vision to help create a strong HSE culture.
- Promote effective communication and working relationships in HSE matters between the various HSE groups and Projects leadership.
- Lead by example by setting the highest possible standard in HSE behaviour and performance.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to the achievement of HSE objectives and to the success of all Contract / Project HSE initiatives.
- Engage with contractors to positively influence HSE standards that continuously improve the contractor HSE performance.
- Challenge unsafe behaviour and correct inappropriate HSE performance.
- Report all instances of HSE noncompliance, including unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and incidents, including near misses.
- Liaise daily with Contractor HSE officers to ensure the effective implementation of all Project HSE requirements.
- Implement field strategies to monitor the effectiveness of Project safety campaigns, task instructions and risk / hazard management programs.
- Support the review of subcontractor work pack documentation including Method Statements, Task Risk Assessment (TRA) /Job Hazard Assessments (JHA), Permit applications, complimentary certificates and verify implementation of all requirements at the job site.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained in his/her area of control and deliver the highest standards in full alignment with the contract HSE goals and expectations.
- Ensure HSE training requirements are communicated, implemented and effective.
- Ensure site HSE inspection and audit programs are implemented and effective. Participate/lead same as appropriate.
- Ensure that Contractors supply, maintain, operate + locate all safety and emergency equipment in accordance with legislation and HSE plan requirements.
- Participate in emergency exercises and drills, ensuring lessons learned are captured and tracked until closed.
- Participate in incident investigations and reviews of all HSE incidents.
- Ensure timely and accurate HSE performance reporting in accordance with agreed reporting timelines.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 2 years' experience delivering HSE training in English and other languages
- Previous experience in similar role on major projects
- Relevant field of studies (Occupational HSE)
- Excellent communications skills
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Basic Computer Skills
- Competency in written/oral communication
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multilingual (English, Swedish, Finnish, Slavic languages)
- Experience working in Nordic countries
- Experience dealing with project security aspects